Mercer offers a unique and comprehensive approach to business education. Mercer's business students identify their career goals and, alongside faculty mentorship, develop a personalized program of study that fits with their objectives. Grounded in a core business curriculum, students select a major and/or customized area of study that includes courses both within the business school and in other Mercer schools, such as the School of Engineering, College of Liberal Arts, College of Education, and the School of Music.
In fact, Mercer Business students often combine multiple disciplines into a single program of study to earn their Bachelor of Business Administration. A student might study Entrepreneurial Small Business Management by combining marketing, management, and accounting disciplines. Another might double-major in accounting and economics, with a minor in math from the College of Liberal Arts. A management student with aspirations for law school might incorporate Political Science classes. Marketing students can broaden their degrees by adding classes in media studies and technical communication. An economics student with interest in international economics might incorporate a foreign language major or minor into his or her plan, along with international business courses.
Mercer's business students may combine courses from any of the University's undergraduate schools with their business programs to further specialize their studies in:
- Sports Management
Why choose business at Mercer?
- Ranked among the top 10 schools in the Southeast (U.S. News);
- The highest level of international accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB);
- Small classes allow students interact with their peers and professors;
- Students are taught by experienced professors, not graduate students;
- Accessible faculty with extensive office hours for student contact;
- Students have faculty advisors who provide insight about the profession and employment, graduate school, and career path opportunities;
- Guaranteed graduate admission opportunities to Mercer's MBA and MAcc and reduced graduate program tuition;
- Fifth-year Master's options for Mercer's MBA and MAcc programs.